Youth Services Mentoring Program
ICOS is an agency providing mentoring programs for middle and high school youth in the Greater Richmond area.
The program will form partnerships with local school districts and the juvenile court system. ICOS's goal is to foster a commitment to young people that will promote pro-social friendships, strong interpersonal skills, and reassert a sense of hope in the future. Only through personal relationships can a sense of individual responsibility be reestablished that will give youth the commitment to follow through on path to adulthood with a sense of pride and accomplishment.
We can facilitate a group of up to 10 students separated by grade and gender. Groups would be $150.00 per group/per session conducted twice a week at discretion of Vernon John’s Middle School. Sessions would run from 3pm-4pm or 4pm-5pm based on needs of school and availability of school staff. Groups can be conducted via telehealth via Petersburg County School system or at a public location that is open and social distancing can be enforced until schools are allowed to reopen fully.
Needs of Population
- Assessment needs by a Qualified Mental Health Professional
- Development of therapeutic strategies that will help clients improve their social and behavioral skills
- Activities designed to promote healthy and productive use of clients’ strengths and interests
- Stimulate proper social interaction in the home, school and community
- Give continuous support to families, community members and educational professionals in an effort to curtail undesirable behaviors which hinder the social, personal and educational process
- Increased opportunity to have fun and enjoy life
- ICOS was founded to better serve children, families and adults who come from under-privileged and troubled environments by providing a foundation and structure to keep kids in the home, improving academically and properly manage their diagnosis. In serving the youth, it is our duty and responsibility to empower the main and supporting family unit in order to make sure that when the Mentor is not with the youth, that the concepts and education received in reinforced throughout.
Let's talk about it
We offer virtual appointments and provide telehealth services. Please schedule with us and our team members will assist you.
Schedule with us
Do you or a loved one need support to overcome personal challenges?
Please complete our referral form and we can get started with sharing our treatment options and find what works best for you.