ICOS’s primary purpose is to identify at-risk individuals in the community and provide quality services, which are designed to develop adults with substance abuse disorders and individuals with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health diagnoses into healthy and functionally independent citizens and to maintain individuals at home and in their community.
The community-based Intensive Outpatient Program will provide comprehensive assessments, short-term and solution-focused group and individual counseling to strengthen recovery, interpersonal and communication skills building to promote independence, medication management and health and safety monitoring. Additionally, ICOS will provide service coordination with other substance abuse, mental and physical health service providers as well as community resources to support stability and independence.
Services will be provided to adults ages 18 and older who reside in the greater Richmond area who are diagnosed with substance abuse disorders or co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders. Individuals are encouraged to maximize their potential through clinically sound practices and individualized service plans allowing addressing psychiatric deficiencies, ICOS Intensive Outpatient staff work diligently with clients, community partners and outpatient providers to encourage personal enhancement of skills to prevent substance abuse relapse and the risk of out-of-home placements.
- Minimal risk of severe withdrawal
- No significant medical complications or conditions
- Emotional, behavioral and cognitive conditions of mild severity that require monitoring
- Has ambivalence or lacks awareness for behavioral health, requires structured programming multiple days/week
- Intensification of addiction or mental health symptoms that have a high severity level
- Individual’s recovery environment is not supportive
- Clinical assessments to identify treatment needs
- Create custom service plans to address needs
- Structured individualized treatment
- Individual, family, and/or group psychotherapy
- Psycho-pharmacological consultation
- Addiction medication management
- 24-hour emergency services
- Occupational and recreational therapy to inspire change
- Service Coordination providing clients with resources
- Adults (ages 18+) who meet ASAM criteria for the 2.1 Level of Care