Our philosophy is to support individuals in maximizing their functional independence in the community.
The Crisis Stabilization program will provide comprehensive assessments and short-term and solution-focused strategies to enhance functional stability and independence in the community. Services will be provided to adults who reside in the Central and Tidewater Regions. As individuals are encouraged to maximize their potential through clinically sound practices and individualized service plans allowing addressing psychiatric deficiencies, ICOS’ counselors work diligently with clients, families, coordinating agencies and outpatient providers to encourage personal enhancement of skills to prevent risk for mental health symptom exacerbation and promote independence in the least restrictive environment.
ICOS’s primary purpose is to identify at-risk individuals in the community and provide quality services, which are designed to develop adults with mental instability into healthy and functionally independent citizens and to maintain individuals at home and in their community.
Needs of Population
- Assistance in symptom management to prevent psychiatric hospitalization or ongoing mental health crisis
- Assistance in safety planning to promote health and wellness
- Engagement of family and natural supports
- Linkage to psychiatric and other ongoing community mental health services
- Coordination between service providers to support the progress toward treatment goals
- Coping skills building to promote ongoing maintenance, rehabilitation and recovery
- Clinical assessments to identify treatment needs
- Creation of an individualized service plan to address specific needs as identified clinical assessments
- Psychiatric assessment and medication evaluation
- Symptom and behavior management training
- Individual and/or group counseling
- Adults (ages 18+) who are experiencing acute mental health crisis that requires community-based intervention to promote safety and stability and prevent out of home placement, psychiatric hospitalization or isolation from social supports as a result of serious mental illness
Let's talk about it
We offer virtual appointments and provide telehealth services. Please schedule with us and our team members will assist you.
Schedule with us
Do you or a loved one need support to overcome personal challenges?
Please complete our referral form and we can get started with sharing our treatment options and find what works best for you.